Job title: Consultant — HP Asset Manager/HP Connect-It
As a consultant you are a member of RevealIT’s delivery practice responsible for leveraging your technology skills in the configuration and deployment of our customers’ IT Asset Management and IT Discovery applications of our technology partners along with the customized extensions, add-ons and applications RevealIT produces internally. Development will include business logic programming, UI/forms/reports design, workflow design and configuration, and other design and implementation driven by customer specific requirements. This role also participates in the definition and development of the requirements and detailed design for the customer-specific implementation. Consultants are expected to be customer-facing through both on-site and remote interactions.
We have an immediate need for a consultant with HP Asset Manager/HP Connect-It experience to join our service delivery team. You’ll be working closely with our customers, handling both administrative and development duties while mentoring customer resources on the day-to-day maintenance of their HP Asset Management environment. Knowledge of HP Service Manager and uCMDB is helpful but not necessary.
- Provide technology consulting to external customers and internal project teams.
- Develop scripts, wizards, workflow, interfaces, and other enabling/automation functions to augment customer implementation efforts.
- Document requirements, design, and implementation as required.
- Create and maintain effective customer relationships so as to insure customer satisfaction.
- Support sales/business development opportunities through product demonstrations and contributions to proposals/statements of work.
- Collaborate with RevealIT’s product developers/software engineers through the software development lifecycle of our add-ons, modules, and product extensions.
- Operate within a complex product and business environment requiring the ability to deal with multiple requests.
- Able to work independently and maintain focus on priority tasks.
- Maintain knowledge of leading edge technologies and industry/market domain knowledge.
- Share knowledge, expertise, and lessons learned from projects with colleagues.
- Participate in industry-focused social-media communities (i.e. LinkedIn, vendor communities/forums, etc.) as a representative of RevealIT.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- bachelor’s degree in IT-related technical domain or equivalent work experience
- excellent communication, teamwork, and customer service skills
- minimum 1-3 years’ experience with HP Asset Manager and HP Connect-It
- expert knowledge of the following:
- HP Asset Manager administration
- HP Asset Manager workflow/scripting/wizards
- Connect-It scenario design and development, particularly scenarios between HP products (Asset Manager, Service Manager, uCMDB, DDMI/Universal Discovery)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- database technology and SQL/query design (Oracle preferred)
- IAITAM certifications (CSAM/CHAMP/CITAM)
- software development experience (e.g. web technologies, scripting languages, Java)
- experience working in Agile Scrum teams
Location: virtual, with 25–50% travel depending on project needs
Type of employment: full-time
Compensation: commensurate with experience
Are you the kind of person who is happiest when you know something you’ve done has improved someone else’s life? Are you someone who wants to push the envelope and broaden your horizons? Are you passionate about having happy customers, making a real difference in their work? Do you want to be surrounded by colleagues who share that same passion? You have a home at RevealIT.